Our Local Community
The All-Ireland Cultural Society strives to cultivate Irish culture in Oregon, which includes supporting and encouraging our local Irish businesses, groups, and events. Below find links to all things Irish in our area! Know another local Irish site? Contact us to let us know so we can add it to the list!
Upcoming Local Events
We share tons of local events on our Facebook page, and we try to include reminders about upcoming local events in our monthly newsletter, too. Click here to see our most recent newsletters.
Annual Local Irish Events
- AICS St. Patrick’s Day Celebration (usually in-person in Portland on 3/17)
- The Shamrock Cruise (usually held each March on the Portland Spirit)
- N/NE Portland St. Patrick’s Day Parade (usually a Sunday around 3/17)
- The Shamrock Run (usually a Sunday around 3/17)
- St. Agatha’s St. Patrick’s Day Festival (usually a weekend around 3/17)
- Celtic Fantasy Faire (usually at Shute Park in Hillsboro in August)
Local Scheduled Live Irish Music
- Live Irish Music at T.C. O’Leary’s Pub in Portland: Info at tcolearys.com.
Sundays 2-4 pm: Preston Howard Wilde
Mondays 7-9 pm: The Lads (and Lady)
Tuesdays 8-10 pm: Women’s Session
Third Thursdays: Oíche na Namhrán | Night of Songs
- Celtic Community Night at Artichoke Music: 2007 SE Powell Boulevard, Portland, OR. More info at artichokemusic.org.
- Celtic Music Hour: The Celtic Music Hour presents music from the seven Celtic nations from musicians throughout the world. Hosts Ann and Beth, members of our local Ceili of the Valley Society, create weekly themes from Celtic music, culture, and history. The show airs live on KMUZ Tuesday mornings from 10 to 11 am on 100.7 and 88.5 FM. The show rebroadcasts Friday evenings at 7 pm. For information about online listening, options go to kmuz.org. Didn’t catch Celtic Music Hour? KMUZ reinstated the 2-week archive. To access the Celtic Music Hour two-week archive, go to kmuz.org. Look for the “On Demand” link. Once open, locate the Celtic Music Hour on either the Tuesday or Friday show time. Open the link and click on the arrow in the gray-shaded area in the upper left-hand corner of the page. To keep updated on the Celtic Music Hour shows and themes look to the Facebook page.
- 2nd Saturday Community Concerts: Monthly concerts, all the info is at irishpdx.com.
Local Irish Bars & Restaurants
- Celtic Axe Throwers
- The Dullahan Pub
- Highland Stillhouse
- Nana’s Irish Pub in Newport
- T.C. O’Leary’s
Local Irish Sessions
Local Monthly Ceili Events
- Ceili of the Valley 2nd Friday Ceili: 2nd Friday of the month, featuring live Irish music! Doors at 7:00pm., Dance Instruction at 7:15 pm, Live Music at 8:00 pm. More info at ceiliofthevalley.org.
- 1st Friday Ceili Mor in Tualatin: First Friday of the month October through May, featuring live Irish music! 8-11 PM (Doors open 7:30 PM), Winona Grange, 8340 SW Seneca St, Tualatin. More info at irishpdx.com.
- Quarterly Ceili from Arnold Street Irish Dancers in Portland: The Arnold Street Irish Dancers are starting a quarterly ceili with live music and called sets at the St. Barnabas Church parish hall, 2201 SW Vermont Street, Portland. Please contact Betty Woerner for more information: 503-244-1593 or 971-254-5962.
Local Irish Set/Ceili Dancing Classes
- Our local CCE MOD Branch facilitates multiple set dancing options throughout the year. Check out their website to stay in the know!
- Frolicking Meese Ceili Class in Eugene, Tuesday nights from 7:30-9pm, September 27th through December 13th, 2022, at Amazon Community Center (2700 Hilyard St, Eugene, OR 97405). Classes are being run through Eugene Recreation. Register through this link. For 11 weeks of classes it’s $48 for those in-district and $57.60 for those outside Eugene city limits. More info at https://frolickingmeese.weebly.com.
- Monday Set Dancing Classes in Portland: Practices at Sellwood Community Center, Mondays from 12:30-2:00 pm. Call 503-244-1593 for more information or directions. There is no charge for classes. Join the Portland Set Dancing Facebook group to keep up-to-date on set dancing in the Portland area.
- Salem Ceili of the Valley Weekly Ceili Classes: 6:30-8:30 pm, $5 per class – no partner needed and first class is FREE for new dancers! VFW Hall in Salem. Info at ceiliofthevalley.org.
- Saturday Set Dancing Classes: 4pm-6pm every Saturday with a Live music céilí from 4pm-7pm on the last Saturday of the Month. Held at Waverly UCC, 3300 SE Woodward St., Portland, OR. $5-$10 Sliding scale lesson, $10 for the Céilí. More info here. Join the Portland Set Dancing Facebook group to keep up-to-date on set dancing in the Portland area.
- Thursday Winds of Donegal Ceili Classes in Tualatin: 7-8:30 PM at the Winona Grange, 8340 SW Seneca St., Tualatin, $10 fee. Beginners always welcomed! More info at irishpdx.com.
- Tir Eoghain Monthly Ceili Class in Portland: There will be no class until further notice due to the pandemic. Further info is here.
Local Sean-nós Dancing Classes
- Sean-nós Dancing Taught by Maldon Meehan: Classes are available on Zoom and will cover a variety of themes such as: dancing to the tune; triplets; signature moves; improvisation and the body. Beginner and more advanced classes are available. For more information and/or registration, please visit maldonmeehan.com or contact Maldon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Irish Step Dancing Classes
- An Daire Academy of Irish Dance
- Brimhall Academy of Irish Dance
- Murray School of Irish Dance
- Oregon Irish Dance Academy
- Yeates Academy of Irish Dance
Has your little one seen Riverdance: The Animated Adventure yet? Released in May of 2021, it was added to US Netflix in January of 2022, and since then has been inspiring kids of all ages to start Irish dancing classes! It features the voices of A-list Irish actors like Pierce Brosnan and the timeless Riverdance music of Bill Whelan. It’s sure to get your feet tapping and have your little one begging you to sign them up for Irish dance lessons! Check out the trailer here. Enjoy!
Local & Virtual Irish Language
- Brian Ó hAirt (local to Portland)
- Philo-Celtic Society (free Irish language classes by Zoom for beginner to advanced)
- Duolingo (free online learning tool)
Local Irish Realtors
Local Genealogy Resources
- Don Anderson: email@example.com
- Genealogical Forum of Oregon
Local Irish Musicians and Groups
- The Ballybogs
- Biddy on the Bench
- Brian Ó hAirt
- Brigid’s Crossing
- Cary Novotny
- Celtic Light Orchestra
- Celtic Music Hour
- Chris Sepic: Wood and Silver Music
- Dan Compton & Fran Slefer
- Elizabeth Nicholson
- Faroe Rum
- Geraldine Murray
- Joseph Linahon
- Katie Jane Band
- Kells Pipes and Drum Band
- The Lads: Mondays at T.C. O’Leary’s Pub
- Na Rósaí
- Night of Song by CCE Oregon at T.C. O’Leary’s Pub
- Portland Fire Fighters Pipes and Drums
- Preston Wilde & Conor O’Bryan: Sundays at T.C. O’Leary’s Pub
- Sam Vogt – Vogt’s Whistlery on Instagram
- S&A Irish Entertainment
- Sean Daly & The Shams
- St. James’s Gate
- Tualatin Valley Firefighters Pipes & Drums
- Portland Shamrock Cruise: This is happening in 2023! https://shamrockcruise.com
- Joanie Madden Cruise 2023: For those of you who’d like to venture a little further from home, international Irish musician Joanie Madden runs a cruise. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Andy Cooney’s Cruise Alaska Land and Sea: July 22 – August 2, 2023, with your host Andy Cooney and his band. 7-Night Cruise aboard the Majestic Princess from Vancouver, BC, to Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, Glacier Bay, College Ford, and Whittier. Three days on land, Denali National Park, including two nights lodging at Mt McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge, one night lodging at Fairbanks Hotel, tour of Mt. McKinley Fairbanks Riverboat to Fairbanks, and more! Starting at $2,999, plus tax and airfare, deposit of $500 per person due at time of booking, fully refundable until April 6, 2023. Call Travel Professionals: 845-651-4441. Once booked, call Princess Cruises at 1-800-774-6237 to arrange your airline flights. This is an exclusive private production through Travel Professionals NOT part of ship’s entertainment and must be booked through our company for participation.
Local Cultural Organizations
- CCE Oregon
- Ceili of the Valley
- Celtic Heritage Alliance
- Irish Network Portland
- Seattle Irish Heritage
- Welsh Society of Oregon
Our Official Political Connections to Ireland
Micheál Smith, Consulate General of Ireland
100 Pine Street, San Francisco, CA 94111
415-392-4214 or SanFranConGen@dfa.ie
Website: Click here.
John F. Keane – Honorary Consul of Ireland
5819 St. Andrew’s Drive, Mukilteo, WA 98275
425-290-7839 or JKeane@IrishConsulSeattle.com
Website: Click here.